[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mikeoldfield.com updated< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
valiado Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 25 2009, 13:50

One question for Korgscrew :)

Do you know if this new editions of Mercury (TB to Heaven's Open) will have a better quality sound than the Remastered HDCD's series of the 2000 year?

Many thanks and Regards form Spain ;)

(Sorry my bad english...I hope that you understand my question)
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: April 25 2009, 13:51

Quote (hairy old hippy @ April 25 2009, 17:14)
Am I right in thinking that the number 666 had ALOT more to do with 'The Omen' then 'The Exorcist'? In which case it really would be an abstract tangent!

:D Yeah absolutely right!Plus at least The Exorcist is kind of semi-watchable still,where as The Omen really chews the carpet big time.I`m pretty sure it was voted one of the worst films of all time in fact,despite old Gregorey Peck there.

"Yeah that`ll be a good idea guys,let`s associate Mike`s album with that 70`s horror turkey instead"!..

Or maybe none of "them" have actualy seen either of those films at all?Or maybe they thought no one would notice?.."Hey it`s still the devil and like evil stuff right guys?It`s all good..err I mean bad"!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 26 2009, 02:10

Quote (valiado @ April 25 2009, 17:50)

Do you know if this new editions of Mercury (TB to Heaven's Open) will have a better quality sound than the Remastered HDCD's series of the 2000 year?

Question understood...no need to worry!

I've not been told anything about the sound quality of the original mixes and whether it'll be any different to the 2000 Virgin releases. I think really, even if they were claiming they'd made vast improvements, I'd want to hear them first before making any comment!

The other albums won't be on the market for a while, though. It seems like they're working to quite a long time scale, but much of the plan seems to not be fully formed yet; from how it looks at the moment, the releases will be staggered.

Going back in the thread a bit to the questions about registration: the 'sign up' link just takes you to a form for joining their marketing mailing list. By all means sign up, they might well send out interesting news there, but by signing up there, you're not in any way pre-ordering or reserving a copy of the Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition. There is currently no way of doing that. It's possible that you'll have more luck pre-ordering one on Amazon, but it's currently unclear whether Amazon will actually have any copies to sell or whether they're just taking orders on the offchance.
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: April 26 2009, 05:42

Thank you for this info Korgscrew regarding registering..I shall now wait & see what materialises in the coming weeks!

@ Tubularman...I love what you have done with your icon...the circular image of tubular bells surrounding the world...very nice idea...I like it...well done you!

:)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
valiado Offline

Posted: April 26 2009, 07:31

Quote (Korgscrew @ April 26 2009, 02:10)
Quote (valiado @ April 25 2009, 17:50)

Question understood...no need to worry!

I've not been told anything about the sound quality of the original mixes and whether it'll be any different to the 2000 Virgin releases. I think really, even if they were claiming they'd made vast improvements, I'd want to hear them first before making any comment!

The other albums won't be on the market for a while, though. It seems like they're working to quite a long time scale, but much of the plan seems to not be fully formed yet; from how it looks at the moment, the releases will be staggered.

Going back in the thread a bit to the questions about registration: the 'sign up' link just takes you to a form for joining their marketing mailing list. By all means sign up, they might well send out interesting news there, but by signing up there, you're not in any way pre-ordering or reserving a copy of the Tubular Bells Ultimate Edition. There is currently no way of doing that. It's possible that you'll have more luck pre-ordering one on Amazon, but it's currently unclear whether Amazon will actually have any copies to sell or whether they're just taking orders on the offchance.

Thanks a lot for your time and attention, Korgscrew!

I hope that Mercury will be a great job with the Mike's albums ;)

Regards from Spain :)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 26 2009, 10:09

About selling the limited and signed copies of the Ultimate Version,hope that Mercury/Universal are working to sell in a way that it's going to be shipped worldwide...sites like Play.com doesn't ship worldwide...

I'm worried,I hate asking people to get things for me 'cause of shippment issues,like "we don't ship it to Brazil"  :(

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: April 26 2009, 10:47

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ April 26 2009, 10:09)
About selling the limited and signed copies of the Ultimate Version,hope that Mercury/Universal are working to sell in a way that it's going to be shipped worldwide...sites like Play.com doesn't ship worldwide...

I'm worried,I hate asking people to get things for me 'cause of shippment issues,like "we don't ship it to Brazil"  :(

:/ Humm ? Not a problem to buy something for you and send it to you after you've sent the money , really not a problem ! I think we can trust you . But for this time unfortunately , could we really buy two copies or more of this Ultimate version since it's a " special thing " in fact ? Maybe we could not be allowed to buy more than one copy !
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 17:01

Here comes "the thing" !  :)  :

http://www.mikeoldfieldblog.com/2009....r-bells

(thanks to mikeoldfieldblog.com)
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 17:19

Quote (captain cavern @ April 27 2009, 22:01)

Nice !  :)  Thanks for the info !

Here's an English translation of the link on that page

http://translate.google.com/transla....%3D4168
Profile PM 
HuanCry Offline

Posted: April 27 2009, 17:28

I don't see a poster in that picture ?

I wonder if the book is a rehash of the Richard Newman book 'The Making of MO's TB's' ?

Is a remix the same as a remake ? How different will it be ?
The new TB pic re. promo vid with its black sheen which I like may indicate a more darker mood ? ..or is this just purely marketing and nothing to do with the actually new remix ?

Mike's Sky TV News MOTS interview where he said he may do a heavy metel Album next ..Maybe this is it ? ...SORRY !!! There I go again getting my expectations up again !!!!!
:(  :D
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: April 27 2009, 17:42

Quote (bee @ April 26 2009, 11:42)
Thank you for this info Korgscrew regarding registering..I shall now wait & see what materialises in the coming weeks!

@ Tubularman...I love what you have done with your icon...the circular image of tubular bells surrounding the world...very nice idea...I like it...well done you!

:)

now that is nice said by you :) Thanks! quite inspired by all the good news around here :)

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 27 2009, 19:59

Quote (HuanCry @ April 27 2009, 21:28)
I wonder if the book is a rehash of the Richard Newman book 'The Making of MO's TB's' ?

Not as far as I've been told. It'll contain new material which has been commissioned from several prog rock journalists specially for the set. Whether it contains material from the Richard Newman book too is something which hasn't been mentioned.

The pictures are from the EMI archive and Simon Heyworth's collection. I was led to believe that there would be some things amongst those which haven't been published before, but we'll have to wait and see what actually comes.

Is a remix the same as a remake ? How different will it be ?

No - it's the same recording as before, just the instruments are at different levels, different effects and processing applied, different positioning, etc. It may also include parts which were muted or buried in the mix before...but it's been produced from the same 16 track master tape as the original mix. What's been done about the parts which were apparently missing from the master tape (the reed and pipe organ and the bells at the end of part one, which had already gone missing when Phil Newell came to do the mix for Boxed in 1975, and the Sailor's Hornpipe, which was missing in 2003 when Mike had a digital copy of the tape made; hopefully made a safety copy back in 1973 which they've managed to dig out...we'll see), I don't know.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 04:01

Quote (captain cavern @ April 27 2009, 23:01)

http://www.mikeoldfieldblog.com/2009....r-bells

Nice! Thanks for that!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
SimonUK Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 05:37

The vinyl has a gatefold sleeve. Nice!

--------------
"I want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live"
(Josh Homme, from Queens Of The Stone Age - 'Go With The Flow').
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 08:14

This maybe old news, but I've just ordered an U.Ed on Amazon.... :D

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 08:20

Quote (Fine_old_Tom @ April 28 2009, 14:14)
This maybe old news, but I've just ordered an U.Ed on Amazon.... :D

But it is still unsure if this is the same edition with signature from Mike and including the book and plectrums, replica's etc. , which (what we are told) can only be ordered at tubularbells2009.com.

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 08:27

True, true. It's a hellish long wait for that link to open on the TB website though....  :/

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 08:43

Quote (Fine_old_Tom @ April 28 2009, 14:27)
True, true. It's a hellish long wait for that link to open on the TB website though....  :/

I know what you mean.  :/

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Fine_old_Tom Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 08:55

Actually I think it's on- the text has changed:
Click on the 'Buy' link in the main menu to register your interest in the box set.
You can now register  :D

Maybe now I can stop checking 500 times a day!!

--------------
Sad Sing
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: April 28 2009, 09:02

Yes, you're right! Thanks for that!!

Registered myself.

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
98 replies since April 21 2009, 07:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (5) < 1 2 [3] 4 5 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net