Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Mike Oldfield's albums reissued by EMI Japan< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 12:32

EMI Japan has reissued Mike Oldfield's albums (2000 remasters) with miniaturized LP sleeve replicas of the original UK vinyl album artworks.

Thanks, Kenji Hayata.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 15:30

I just searched Amazon.com and found that some of these have November 5th and December 4th release dates. I do like the idea of having the original album artwork intact - even in miniaturized form. I suppose the size and style of text can be considered a petty quibble, but it's always bugged me (not in a 'I can't stand to look at it!' way, mind, but in a 'Gee, that's sort of annoying' way) that my CDs sometimes have an enlarged font which, for me, detracts from the cover image. Of course, I realize this is a practical matter when applied to small packaging, but it reminds me that one of the things I miss most about LPs is the big artwork. Studying the cover, both front and back (and even the inner sleeve, sometimes), was a big part of the album experience. A 4.75"x4.75" CD cover just isn't as effective. Still, if the words aren't stamped over Mike's forehead (yes, I'm looking at you, Ommadawn), that's something to be grateful for.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2007, 19:33

I think those covers look great. And thats a pic of him I have never seen, too.

I really like Japan's music scene.. I wish I had the chance to get my music heard over there.. something tells me it would be liked a bit better than Europe.

Still.. very cool link, Thanks Kenji!

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
Atane Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2007, 14:35

Just noticed that Orchestral Tubular Bells was missing.
A shame...  :/

I would be curious to see if 'When the night's on Fire' will be included in the Islands vinyl replica...

Regards from Paris!

Atane.
Profile PM 
Moz Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 11 2007, 21:37

Incantations looks particularly nice!  And Ommadawn.

--------------
Twitter: @benbarden
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 12 2007, 19:46

Well... looking at these Japanese pages, there's only one thought that's coming into my mind... and I'm not parodying Queen...

I WANT THEM! I WANT THEM ALL!! AND I WANT 'EM NOW!!! :D :D

Is there anyone here who's kind enough to translate at least some of the Japanese in there? I'd need prices, methods of payment, ordering forms... if any...  CAN THESE BE BOUGHT ONLINE?? :D

Arf - arf - arf - arf. :laugh:

P.S. @ Atane: OTB is there... top of page. ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
5 replies since Oct. 29 2007, 12:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net