Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Live In Montreux DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 03 2005, 15:44

There has been much talk over the past few months of a DVD titled "Mike Oldfield - Live In Montreux 1981" which has appeared for pre-order on nlstore.nl.

We had been waiting for confirmation of this news from PIAS, the record company who are supposedly releasing this title, but unfortunately they have declined to reply to our queries. Their website contains no details about the release. There have been cases in the past where such things have turned out to be not what they at first appeared, so keep watching this space for further news.

It does appear, however, that PIAS are responsible for a whole series of Live In Montreux DVDs from various artists (thanks to Rob van Knegsel for the tipoff), which makes it look more likely that the release is for real. The release is scheduled for May 16th.

Update: It has emerged that the DVD will be released worldwide by Eagle Rock.

PIAS appear to have put back their release date to December 31st 2005, while Eagle Rock are now saying they have no firm release date, but have indicated some time in 2006.
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 03 2005, 17:24

I still find it odd that a dutch DVD store first posts this order information. Dutch DVD stores are not really famous for releasing rare DVD's, let alone Mike Oldfield DVD's. I can name a few where you still can't order the Elements DVD.

I'm considering placing an order, but I think it's more wisely just to wait for confirmation, right?

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2005, 18:26

PIAS is a Belgian label, which might explain the reason why it's appeared on a Dutch site first. I'm told that NLstore is very reliable and famous for keeping an up to date list of upcoming DVD releases, but I'd personally not even seen the site before this news came my way, so I really can't give any judgements myself.

I'd personally see little harm in waiting, but the decision is of course yours - I don't really have enough information to be able to advise properly. I'd imagine that, if the DVD isn't as advertised, you'd be able to send it back without any problem, if they are indeed a reliable store.
Profile PM 
James
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 03 2005, 18:43

MIKE OLDFIELD  
 July 5 1981  

Total Timing : 01:39:41
Mike Oldfield (b, g)
Maggie Riley (voc)
Tim Cross (kbds)
Rick Fenn (b, g)
Mike Frye (perc)
Morris Pert (perc)

1. Taurus
 . Sheba
  . Mirage (23:26)
2. Platinum (14:58)
3. Tubular Bells (15:00)
4. Conflict (00:00)
. Ommadown (21:44)
5. Tubular Bells I (17:58)
6. Punkadiddle (06:35)
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2005, 20:59

You would think that PIAS would at least reply to confirm the news. However, I'd also think that if a DVD store put it up on their website then it would be more than just a rumor. We'll have to see, but I do really hope it is true.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
David Mar
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 04 2005, 05:46

It would be great if it came out legally, as there are some tracks I've not see live footage of e.g. 'Punkadiddle' and 'Conflict'. Finger crossed that it comes out!
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2005, 05:58

James... where did you get that information?

And for the rest... bring out The Essential Mike Oldfield on DVD!!!

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2005, 06:16

I don't get it... now NLStore has added the same DVD, but with another label (Eagle Vision)... and the price is slightly higher??

http://www.nlstore.nl/shop5....4945777

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
David Mar Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2005, 05:05

There can NEVER be enough live recordings released! I'm sure if they released 100's we'd all want them, whether we could afford them or not!
Profile PM 
Markus K. Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2005, 11:56

Someone else pointed pointed out that also Edel Records Finland list this DVD in forthcoming releases. The details are:

Release date: 30.5.2005
Format: DVD
Brand: Eagle
Product code: EREDV-457
Barcode: 5034504945777

Edel Records seems to be an international company. So I suppose that such DVD will see the daylight sooner or later.  :)

Markus K.

--------------
---
Markus K.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2005, 13:22

There's also a region one version listed at fattvideos.com. It'll be interesting to see what comes of this...

I'm going to see what Eagle have to say about this - perhaps they'll be more friendly than PIAS.
Profile PM 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2005, 16:56

i wish this dvd is actually released. just recently had the chance to know some of the old concerts and i still think 'the essential' should be officially released in dvd, but maybe this is asking for very little as there are so many good lives from those years.
i agree they could make a fantastic collection that surely lots of people would be willing to buy.

fingers crossed!!

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Mar. 05 2005, 18:49

I also wish this DVD to be released. It's indeed a great show, I especially like Mike's guitar playing in North Star.

IMHO it's not the Mike's best concert year (I like '82, '83 concerts even more) but even so fantastic.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Neil
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 14 2005, 14:11

Hi all OLDFIELD FANS

GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!! ..........EAGLE ROCK PRODUCTIONS have replied to my email asking if they are releasing the new dvd

'MIKE OLDFIELD - Live in Montreux 1981'

They've confirmed it is true !!! ... but the world wide release date is the 30th May 2005 not the 16th May as reported on those foreign sites !

YYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS !!!!!!!

( Sorry to get carried away a bit )

Mike/dvd not yet listed on their site

Regards

Neil
Neil
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 14 2005, 14:16

Their site is

www.eagle-rock.com ......based in London with offices/agents in Europe and elsewhere

Neil
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 07:26

Can someone tell me more about the actual gig this D.V.D. is from?,what tour is it?,what was played?who played?etc.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 09:02

If it it's 100% true,that would be quite nice,a real gem :D

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 13:34

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Mar. 22 2005, 13:26)
Can someone tell me more about the actual gig this D.V.D. is from?,what tour is it?,what was played?who played?etc.

If you look at the Tours section here on tubular.net, you can see that the performance, Montreux in Switzerland, was part of the 1981 tour.

I have some video files of that performance (not complete though). They are from TV recordings, so I guess somebody thought: "Well, lets put those TV recordings on DVD".

Which makes me think: why don't they put more live TV recordings on DVD? I can think of a dozen more, like the San Sebastian, the Roskilde and the Viareggio gigs.

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Mar. 22 2005, 18:36

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Mar. 22 2005, 13:26)

Look at James' message earlier this topic.

BTW, Mike also played (is this the correct word?) the vocoder in Sheba, not only guitar and bass.

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2005, 10:46

Yes that's true! The vocoder too! I'm only wondering... that's not the Roland VP330 I think, but another vocoder. Does someone know which one?

--------------

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
43 replies since Mar. 03 2005, 15:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net