Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: It's interesting because....< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Kiwwy Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 06 2012, 10:49

When you listen to it, "Requim for a City" sounds sort of timeless in a domesday sort of way, but then the next track sounds very much like something that was made in the 80ties :D

--------------
TB Ultimate #363
Platinum #101
QE2 #749
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 06 2012, 16:30

Yeah, it's really two albums in one. The orchestral stuff that David Bedford was involved with, and the Fairlight stuff that is purely Mike. (I have a feeling there's also some crossover between the two though, it's been a while since I last listened to it. That said, I have always been among the apologists of this album and I still like it.)
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 07 2012, 13:00

Some of the Fairlight stuff is very experimental though - like Worksite and Blood Sucking, not at all like the stuff from Crises/ Discovery or even the other mostly-Fairlight sourced scores from around the same time (Rocky IV is covered in Fairlight).
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 07 2012, 13:15

Well yes, and that's one of the reasons I like the album so much - interesting experimentation unlike anything else he's done. I only meant to say that the Fairlight stuff was created by Mike alone.
Profile PM 
hergest fridge Offline

Posted: May 07 2012, 14:15

It would be interesting to hear the original recording,didn't Mike have to record it again?
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: May 07 2012, 15:58

If I remember correctly, he simply had to record more. I guess initially he only had the Fairlight stuff.
Profile PM 
5 replies since May 06 2012, 10:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net