Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (27) < ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: HR + Ommadawn limited editions available to order< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bionicmic Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 19 2010, 14:31

Lucky you,still wainting in Paris :/
Profile PM 
TubularBeach Offline

Posted: July 19 2010, 17:19

Quote (bionicmic @ July 19 2010, 14:31)

Still waiting here, too...
But as the parcels are getting delivered, it is time for a little optimism, don't you agree, bionicmic?  ;)

--------------
"I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are assholes and the people who are not."
— Sherman Alexie
Profile PM 
Anaon Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 09:18

Quote (bionicmic @ July 19 2010, 15:31)

Still waiting in Paris too! It starts to be very veryannoying!  :/

--------------
> My music: http://www.spleenarcana.com
> My blog: http://www.awenwoods.com
Profile PM WEB 
bionicmic Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 11:19

Hi TubularBeach You wouldn’t be optimistic if you had had bad experiences with your P.O like I did over a parcel from Amazon. But I keep my fingers crossed!!!!!!
Nothing in the mail today
and you ???
Profile PM 
Amadan Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 13:32

Hi everybody,

i'm still waiting for my items, too. This is my situation (sorry for the long email):

Yesterday was the 21st day since Universal said my limited editions to be on their way. So i contacted Universal again (i was in contact with them before). That's what they finally wrote:

------------<from Universal>-----------------
Thanks for your reply.

I'm sorry to hear you have not received your order yet. I have since been in touch with our warehouse distributor and I'm afraid that we are unable to offer you a replacement due it being lost. Because it was a limited edition, we have no stock left to to do this and we are unable to get more produced for us. Unfortunately, the only option I can offer you is to get a full refund for your order. You will receive an automated email as soon as it has been processed. Please let me know if you would like to go ahead with this or if you prefer to wait a few more days in the hope it turns up due to delays?

I'm sorry we were unable to assist further in this instance and please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.
------------------------------------------------------------

That's what i answered:

-----------<my answer to Universal>---------------------

getting a refund is definitely NOT an acceptable option. You got my money since end of April, so the least that i would expect is getting a compensation for accrued interest. As well as a confirmation of your local post that the items were lost on post. I am sure that Universal must have some receipt. Or is the "being lost on post" maybe only an excuse for the incompetence of Universal?

But i dont want my money back. I want the exclusive edition i ordered!

>> >> Because it was a limited edition, we have no stock
>> >>left to to do this and we are unable to get more produced
>> >>for us. Unfortunately,

In this case Universal should find a solution with the artist to produce more editions.
Remember: i had exactly the same experience last year with the Tubular Bells limited edition sold by Universal (but distributed by an obscure record company whose name i don't remember).

Last year the "exclusive signed editions" were sold by mistake on Amazon! And only after huge protest of internet community some more editions were signed by the artist. The result for me was: i paid a lot of money for an unnumbered edition of an actually strictly limited edition (only 500, but i paid for edition 5xx). Already then i had the impression that Universal is all but competent in selling limited editions. And what is happening right now prooves that considerably.

I appreciate your effort. But i believe that you personally are not in the position to take the required steps. Besides i'm missing serious efforts in finding a solution. Have you really tried to check the disposition with british and german post? Do you have a confirmation for that? I think Universal is trying to take the easy way out and i won't accept that.
Can you therefore please give me the contact address of your team leader or better: a responsible sales person.
I will wait some more days (unfortunately i'm going on holidays tomorrow for 10 days and can't check if the parcel arrived).
If the items don't arrive and Universal offers nothing else but "you can get a refund" i will assemble a list of all persons who also paid for stuff they never received. And reading the numerous post in the internet mailing list, it seems to be a reasonable number of persons.
Loosing one parcel is one thing. But the whole situation looks like more. And i wouldn't be surprised if Universal again sold the limited edtions by mistake on oher sales channels and is trying to draw the curtain over it by blaming the post.

I can't express how frustrated and angry i am again after last years experience. Especially since i can't see any serious efforts on Universals side to find a solution.
Maybe we have to organize again the internet community.

I'm looking forward to getting a contact address and a proposal for how to find a solution. A refund is not acceptable.

-----------<end of my mail>----------

Bye,
Stefan

--------------
Mine Mine Mine
Profile PM 
Amadan Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 13:36

And then:

------<mail from Universal>-------

Thanks for your reply.

I can see that this must be quite frustrating for you as you have had some bad past experiences. I will only be able to comment on this specific order for you though.

I will forward your complaint to my manager. We will not be able to trace your order as the shipping method selected was not a registered service. We will also not be able to get more produced but we can however check for you if there were any orders out of those limited editions that have been cancelled which we can use. As I mentioned, I have escalated this for you and will come back to you as soon as I have an update from my manager.

Many thanks
Universal Music

------<end of mail>---------

They really screwed it again....

--------------
Mine Mine Mine
Profile PM 
mountie926 Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 15:01

I also didn't receive anything here in Canada; not even the "normal" Deluxe Edition of Hergest Ridge sent June 8.

Strange that some received the shipment coming from Switzerland. We should ask Universal what they mean with shipped. Shipped to another country or shipped to the customer? Why does all this third party distribution happen anyhow? I see this procedure is the major reason why everything is soooo slow.
Profile PM 
TubularBeach Offline

Posted: July 20 2010, 15:09

Hi bionicmic (and everyone else still waiting for om / hr);
I haven't received anything yet, but as soon as my stuff will be here, you'll hear about it for sure! ;)
I keep my fingers crossed for every fellow-sufferer here!

--------------
"I used to think the world was broken down by tribes,' I said. 'By Black and White. By Indian and White. But I know this isn't true. The world is only broken into two tribes: the people who are assholes and the people who are not."
— Sherman Alexie
Profile PM 
Allison_A Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 02:13

I'm an MO fan since Islands, missed out on the Tubular Bells limited edition but ordered both Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn signed editions (order #3018607) and am in the same boat as many others, told they shipped a month ago, charged about the same time, but nothing to show for it.

I hope I'm wrong but this is starting to really smell like we are getting taken by Universal.  Maybe they weren't able to get 250 of each for some reason and shipped what they had, and are going to end up forcing a refund on the rest of us as "lost in the post"?

At this point, I would feel very lucky if I ever receive either one as I feel it's less likely by the day that they will ever arrive.
Profile PM WEB 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 03:40

Quote (Allison_A @ July 21 2010, 02:13)
I'm an MO fan since Islands, missed out on the Tubular Bells limited edition but ordered both Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn signed editions (order #3018607) and am in the same boat as many others, told they shipped a month ago, charged about the same time, but nothing to show for it.

I hope I'm wrong but this is starting to really smell like we are getting taken by Universal.  Maybe they weren't able to get 250 of each for some reason and shipped what they had, and are going to end up forcing a refund on the rest of us as "lost in the post"?

At this point, I would feel very lucky if I ever receive either one as I feel it's less likely by the day that they will ever arrive.

This talk of a refund makes me a bit worried. If the packages were in fact sent, why would Universal provide a refund?
If slow delivery would be a problem, then we should all try to get a refund as quickly as possible and eventually have our copies arrive in the mail anway! That doesn't sound quite right...

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 05:54

Although I am not affected by these problems this time, I've been following this 'saga' with some interest and not a small amount of concern. Particularly as it seems to be a worrying repeat of the sets-going-AWOL business of last year.

I wonder whether they simply sold too many of them: i.e. took people's orders (and money) without verifying that they had the physical stock to correspond. I wouldn't be at all surprised seeing as they seem so disorganized in pretty much every other respect. Also it always seemed odd to me that the limited editions would appear to be sold out at one point and then would be back in stock again - as if they weren't sure of their own order numbers or stock levels. Weird.

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 06:37

Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 21 2010, 05:54)
I wonder whether they simply sold too many of them: i.e. took people's orders (and money) without verifying that they had the physical stock to correspond.

That would equal selling the same object twice, which equals fraud, which equals crime. Right?

--------------
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
tubular_trekkie Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 08:02

Quote (larstangmark @ July 21 2010, 11:37)
Quote (tubular_trekkie @ July 21 2010, 05:54)
I wonder whether they simply sold too many of them: i.e. took people's orders (and money) without verifying that they had the physical stock to correspond.

That would equal selling the same object twice, which equals fraud, which equals crime. Right?

Well, perhaps.
But it wasn't my intention to say they would deliberately try to defraud people (that would require far greater evidence), more that they just seem catastrophically incompetent when it comes to organising the selling and distribution of these 'limited edition' releases. :/

--------------
"The concept of progress acts as a protective mechanism to shield us from the terrors of the future."

- from 'Collected Sayings of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan
Profile PM 
Cooper Roy Offline

Posted: July 21 2010, 20:33

While I do sympathise with peoples ongoing predicaments,this is all a "Bag o' Shite!" in the words of Jim Royle.

These V.I.P. Limited editions are simply One-Upmanship on the part of the purchaser-An inconvenient truth,if I may.

Granted,as a non-purchaser I view from the sidelines, yet I read of countless punters apparently well-and-truly  had by Universal et al.Was last years Ult.TB debacle not a warning sign,people?

I hope you all  ultimately receive your parcels, but seriously- I do not give a f**k what Edition Number(s) you've managed to bag.Also,don't let your sister let her livelihood out of her sight,lest her Limited Edition become a Limited Possession... ;)

CR

--------------
"I have nothing but sympathy for how people behave-and nothing but laughter to console them with.Laughter is my religion.In the manner of most religions, I admit my laughter is pretty desperate."
                                                                   John Irving
Profile PM 
Amadan Offline

Posted: July 22 2010, 05:20

i told Universal about the discussions in the internet and that (at least a part) of the community doesn't believe the story of the parcels being lost in the post. Their latest answer:

Universal:

>>I understand your concerns regarding this. As I have
>>told you previously, I have escalated this for you.
>>Would you still like to wait until you return from
>>holiday or do you want me to proceed getting
>>replacements sent out as soon as we have them?

They still didn't confirm that they have a general problem. Since i previously did not accept their refund-offer i asked them to sent me a replacement. I don't know where they want to get these from (in a second mail they said to get them from cancelled orders).

Let's see what happens. Off for holidays now.

Good luck for all of us still waiting for their delivery,
Stefan

--------------
Mine Mine Mine
Profile PM 
Black Bunik Offline

Posted: July 22 2010, 10:46

This starts to stink. I asked them too and they told me to check the post office. Well I decided to wait a bit. But now I am really losing hopes.
Can't imagine what problem could be with sending a package... I received packages from other side of the globe much sooner...
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: July 22 2010, 11:14

Quote (Black Bunik @ July 22 2010, 16:46)
This starts to stink. I asked them too and they told me to check the post office.

This is what they told everybody else who complained. They have standardized replies which they just copy & paste. And that's why they, like all big companies, don't work very nicely - using an euphemism. :p

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: July 22 2010, 18:02

I have worked in a record store and dealt with big records companies and they never billed us for goods they had not sent.

--------------
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: July 23 2010, 02:41

Why didn't they send these items registered?

WHY?

Silly sellers....

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: July 23 2010, 04:53

Never fear ..  Recently Spotted at Universals Customer Mailings Service Headquarters ..

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
534 replies since April 27 2010, 15:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (27) < ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net