Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Hints about the next Master of Ceremonies< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 15 2002, 19:52

During a BBC Radio 2 interview, Mike said he already has an agreement with the person who will be the Master of Ceremonies for the re-recording of Tubular Bells and that it's not Tony Benn, Rowan Atkinson, Cilla Black, or Richard Madeley. On Aug 22, it has been confirmed during a TV interview that John Cleese will be the next MC. (Source: Amarok Mailing List)
Profile PM 
christopher
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 00:21

Maybe it will be Harry Potter!?!?  LOL :P  

Probably going to be John Cleese... I HOPE!!!!! :)  no no wait... maybe it will be Alan Rickman again...

Well whomever it is... hopefully it will be an individual well known all over the world!!!  

Any guesses or clues for us, Mike? ;)

Christopher
olivier barsot
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 17:05

My suggestion will be Rick Mayal, i like this actor, very mad man in his films or soaps like 'Bottom' or 'The new stateman'
Se2ra
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 18:25

Can somebody explain me WHAT is a Master of Ceremonies? Is he the conductor of the performance? I have no idea :D

Thanks!
Tubular Cobra Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 18:29

The Master Of Ceremonies Is:
-Heard in Tubular Bells 1, and 2(i dont know about 3).-
Its When The Master of Ceremonies Say a name of an Instrument and Mike Plays it. Such As When he Says "Plus, Tubular Bells" And Mike Plays Tubular Bells. After The Master Of Ceremonies Part it will be the Girlie Chorus Singing and then Mike Plays a Guitar and That Ends Tubular Bells Part 1! :D

-- I Think Tom Baker Might Do it. I Dont Think He Will Or Not!--

--------------
ooo! Look at my Pretty Black Stripes! :D and btw - Mike Oldfield Ownz You!(Well Not Really)
Profile PM WEB 
Se2ra Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 18:34

Thanks a lot for your explanation Tubular Cobra!  :)
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 18:44

Tony Benn,Tony Benn Ehhh!!! Is he a fan?!?! Goodness.
I agree with Richard(Korgscrew)The excellent Patrick Moore from the BBC's Sky at Night  would be my candidate for the new Tibular Bells Orator mc. :cool:
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 18:56

I know you talk about some people very well-known in UK, but those names are so unfamiliar to me...!!!! Maybe it could be better to use someone more known worldwide...
Profile PM 
^NabLa^-
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 19:54

yes, like Mr. Rowan Atkinson...

...Mr Bean r00lz!!!...
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 20:33

...so,what´s the main reason that you´ve got a poll about this subject @ Dark Star,since Mike´s getting in touch with some people who he´s looking to be the MC?

Fact file: According to the poll,Mike is #1 to be the MC for TB 2003...I want him as MC too!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Aug. 16 2002, 20:59

If I had a say in things, my advice would be not to pick someone well known, but someone who's really right for the job. Patrick Moore's a good idea, though -  trust me ;)
Profile PM 
Dali Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2002, 03:10

'... it should be a person known worldwide...'

What about Michael Jackson?!!!

Dali  :D
Profile PM WEB 
timshen Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2002, 04:54

Isn't John Cleese known worldwide?(A Fish Called Wonder etc..) - I think he would be a great choice.

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Tubular Cobra Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2002, 12:22

Quote (timshen @ Aug. 16 2002, 23:54)
Isn't John Cleese known worldwide?(A Fish Called Wonder etc..) - I think he would be a great choice.

Its Called a Fish Called Wanda!

--------------
ooo! Look at my Pretty Black Stripes! :D and btw - Mike Oldfield Ownz You!(Well Not Really)
Profile PM WEB 
Fox Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2002, 14:29

Well, Mike is a Trekkie.  Maybe he can get all the Star Trek captains together to do it.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2002, 21:23

captain picard..i don't know the real name..that voice has something..i'm joking  :D or am i :xmas: ...umm i'm drunnk..sorry

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Aug. 17 2002, 21:53

Actually I would like to hear Mike do the mc thing himself.Afterall he will be doing virtually everything else himself!If not I stand by my choice of Patrick Moore.I appreciate some people from distant shores may not know Patrick.His vocal qualities and the fact that he is an intelligent and traditional English Gentleman he will compliment the bells no problem.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2002, 03:41

Yeah, Captain Picard is Patrick Stewart. He does have an amazing voice, and he's my choice.  Mike himself would also be a good idea (he is leading the poll by quite a way)

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
juancapachacutec
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 18 2002, 05:45

maybe otto...

j.c.
Fox Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2002, 09:54

For something like this, Stewart would be great.  I'd be happy to hear him doing that.

And who says the MC has to be a man?

Forgive my ignorance, but is Margret Thatcher still alive?  Mike got an impersonater on Amarok...wonder if she herself would like to be MC  haha.
Profile PM 
40 replies since Aug. 15 2002, 19:52 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net