Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Happy new year!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TubularBelle Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 18:38

First thing on the agenda for all us women over 40, mammogram, done that two weeks ago, all clear, and pap smear. Women seem to have so much more to worry about.

My exs sister was dying of Breast Cancer, she had already lost one breast and there was no more they could do for her, but she was a very big girl, and just turned 50, and had not had a boyfriend since highschool. She told me she would keep the Cancer if she could have someone to love and chersih her and hold her until her time comes. That had such a profound impact on me, because we all agree that health is the most important thing, and not having anyone to love doesn't kill you. But that is because love comes easilly to most of us. Love and Health are BOTH such precious things and we shouldn't take either of them for granted. I know that almost ALL of my health problems come from unhealthy relationships, stress, anxiety, depression, weight gain, bloating, IBS etc. I'm off to mend a broken home.

New Years Resolution : Live Longer and Love Better.

@Sandra-my Irish Cream is a once a year tradition too, did you try it? yummy heh. My son gave me a similar scare when he was about your Michaels age. He went to the Royal Show with 4  friends and they missed the last bus home. He rang me at 12:30 am from the City and I told him to catch the 'Night Moves' bus which leaves at 1, 2 and 3 am so I was expecting him home by 2 and waited up for him. But they decided to walk home, approx 35kms! Three of them got 2/3 of the way home and then gave up and caught a taxi for Mum to pay at the other end, but Craig and his mate were up for the challenge, arriving home at 7am!!!! He slept for 48 hours!

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 19:01

Happy New year to all you guys and gals!!!!

Bill I thought your post showed tremendous generosity and great character that you should be thinking of the welfare of others at what I can only imagine is a very trying difficult time for you and your family.I wish you your brother and family all the very best.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 19:20

Bill (Mary), I hope you don't mind if I take the liberty of mentioning to people who might not be aware that you are female, I know it is irelevent, but it just explains my connection to your post regarding women taking care of their health.

I hope your brothers remaining time is peacefull and surrounded by loved ones, our thoughts are with you.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 19:26

Much strength to you, and your brother, Bill...

Recently I found out what it was like to see people close to you trying to cope with that disease... that's hard... so I can imagine what you feel...

So best of luck to you

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 20:16

I hope all the best for you all this new year, you are such wonderful people and i wish i had come across this site sooner. thank you everyonne for such a magical time so far.

best of luck for everyone.

...cant beat the luck of the irish too so consider this a big thing!!! :D

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 04 2006, 22:49

God Johnny, any sooner and you would have still been in nappies!

Great photo in your profile by the way.

--------------
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2006, 02:56

Bill,just want to say how sorry I am to know what's happening to your Brother,and to send much love to you right now.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2006, 04:51

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Jan. 04 2006, 22:45)
Happy New Year and heartfelt wishes to everyone.

So sorry to read about the bad news about your brother. Most of the time we bustle along as though life were something we can just take for granted; whereas in reality, it's so fragile, and you're right to remind us. Thank you.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2006, 11:25

My heart goes out to you and your brother too Bill. As a pastor I see many families struggle through such times of suffering, literally watching the last moments of their loved ones this side of the grave. Witnessing such things makes us aware of the frailty of life and the need to get our priorities right in the here and now. I believe that relationships are the most important thing in this life and we must cherish and develop them while we can. Even after a loved one has gone the relationship we had with them remains, not just in memories but in our spirits.

Take care all and may 2006 be a time of building up those precious relationships ;-)

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Jan. 05 2006, 17:10

An unanswerable question I know but I am now curious as to whether most people think Health is more important than Relationships, or vice-versa.

Pastor Tim, why do I treat my better half so badly when he is the most precious thing in the world to me? I'd be lost without him. I want our relationship to be so perfect that I curse and criticise him every time he does something human! And yet I have inumerably more flaws, oh dear, the complexities of life overwhelm me. :/

--------------
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Jan. 06 2006, 23:26

Hi TubularBelle - have sent you a private email in answer to your question. BTW, just Tim will do!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
30 replies since Jan. 01 2006, 02:56 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net