Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Gamers Europe interview< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 20 2004, 16:37

Gamers Europe has published an interview about Maestro.

Upd Mar 25 TotalVideoGames.com has also an interview with photos and screenshots.
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 21 2004, 06:02

Great interview...but please tell the guy in the comments section that Mike's music is not 'sheet'  :O

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Ludor Tudor Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2004, 06:49

My dear timshen. This is allready done. I too find it kind of strange to hear that Mike's music is "a sheet". But I have to admit it's not wrong either. I got three songbooks - and all the notes are written on sheets...  :p

--------------
Kjell at oldfield.no
Why don't you have a try to win at the competition?
Profile PM WEB 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2004, 07:23

It is a good interview, I'm glad Mike hasn't given up entirely on releasing normal studio albums.
Two things. 1. Mike says he has to be carefull of what music to include because of downloadable file sizes. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I wouldn't mind the extra download time if it means he can include more music in MVR. That is after all what its all about.
2. I do hope to god Mike doesn't fall off that Yamaha bike. I know so many people who have maimed themselves on motorbikes.
Profile PM 
mcguitar Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2004, 11:03

It is a very good interview indeed but I was wondering why are they not mentioning his url?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 21 2004, 13:50

Quote (mcguitar @ Mar. 21 2004, 12:03)
It is a very good interview indeed but I was wondering why are they not mentioning his url?

They did mentioned Mike's webbie on this line:
"Maestro is the latest release of Oldfield's MusicVR project and will be available to download from his site, where a demo is currently available."

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 

Posted: Mar. 21 2004, 13:59

Quote (TOBY @ Mar. 21 2004, 08:23)
2. I do hope to god Mike doesn't fall off that Yamaha bike. I know so many people who have maimed themselves on motorbikes.

Well,it's one of my worries about the subject.His motobike helmet seems not to protect much(as you can see on one of the Maestro pics),IMHO,and checking out motobikers' accidents everyday in my city,where most of them drive like mad people,though the small spaces between long car queues in most avenues.

Watching out this pic in here,
Mike playing tennis
the position of his right arm is the same as my right arm,it can't open more like that,but can you imagine your arm can't open 100% anymore? That happened with me when I fell of my bike when I was 7,and got to get into a operation,2 metal pins to fix,a wonderful scar and some difficulty to do some stuff.
Seems a bit scary,but I don't wanna see Mike in bad times because of his motobike's rides!

BTW,a good and informative interview about Maestro.Sounds very nice,huh? ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ricky.bling
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 23 2004, 18:05

In his review, Diego has hit the nail on the head - in a way. The 'sheet' music in Maestro, and the fawning above shows that MO 'fans' can be split roughly into 2 camps - pre-SODE, and the 'Enya' age we're in now. The Enya age fans love the blandness - the pre-SODE ones remember when his music had a bit of soul and a bit of life to it. Come on Mike - listen to some good contemporary electronic music like Boards of Canada, a bit of dirty rock - Libertines perhaps and let the folk back in (surely a proper flute would have done nicely in TB1 Mark 2) - computer games are for lame-o's.
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Mar. 23 2004, 19:23

Last I heard, he'd been listening to Linkin' Park...he liked it too. Whether that's important or not is a different matter!
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2004, 05:29

Funny, since on the pic Tati posted he looks just like Linkin Park's singer!  :D
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2004, 13:21

Some of Linkin' Park isn't that bad actualy, but I'll underline the word 'some'. I would certainly welcome a return to a rock influence in Mike's music. If it means live drums and heavier bass lines, then he should go for it. Crises, The Lake and Music From the Balcony are all great tracks, I'd love to hear more like them.
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 24 2004, 14:31

Quote (Korgscrew @ Mar. 23 2004, 20:23)
Korgscrew wrote:
Last I heard, he'd been listening to Linkin' Park...he liked it too. Whether that's important or not is a different matter!

Holger:
Funny, since on the pic Tati posted he looks just like Linkin Park's singer!   :D

Is it another joke?
;)

BTW,besides being a Mike Oldfield fan,I like Linkin Park too.Like the music,the mix between rock and the eletronical bits(their homemade samples),the energy.

Some of their stuff are interesting in terms of music,like:
-Breaking the Habit(with a string ensemble on it!;)
-Session(the instrumental tune!;)
-Numb
All 3 songs are on their Meteora album.Not the common nu-metal stuff.
But I do think it's a joke,really...

I want to see Mike in a rock mode again.I was listening to that version of Crises live from Wembley'83 and it rocked a lot.

Holger - what pic I posted that Mike looks like the vocalman from LP?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2004, 14:41

About Mike listening to Linkin' Park? No, it's not a joke - he was sent a whole load of DVD-As by Warner (this was a while ago now), the Linkin' Park one was one of those which he liked.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2004, 15:39

Some of Linkin Park's stuff is indeed not bad. I ignored them for a while because I threw them in one pot with Limp Bizkit, which I really don't like. But I quite liked Numb, only I was disappointed by the next thing I heard because it sounded exactly the same. Korn is quite interesting at times, too, BTW.

Tati, I meant the playing Tennis pic. Don't take it personally  :p
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 24 2004, 15:41

And BTW, I was positively surprised by how heavy some of the bits on TB2003 were, especially Basses. I think it's the main reason I've developed a liking for the album, quite contrary to what I was expecting beforehand.
Profile PM 

Posted: Mar. 24 2004, 20:09

Quote (Holger @ Mar. 24 2004, 16:41)
And BTW, I was positively surprised by how heavy some of the bits on TB2003 were, especially Basses. I think it's the main reason I've developed a liking for the album, quite contrary to what I was expecting beforehand.

I can say that most guitar parts on TB2003 have got the real boost to give the music the heavy punch which was necessary to make it better than the original!

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2004, 08:40

There is another cover, that differs from the one at mikeoldfield.com

http://www.totalvideogames.com/pages....t=24470

BTW, mikeoldfield.com has been updated with comments about the game from The thin man, Dreamweaver and many more =)
Profile PM 
16 replies since Mar. 20 2004, 16:37 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net