Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Elements DVD< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Holger Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 03 2005, 07:20

Wow - you know I had thought it might be Kevin, but then I figured I'd surely have heard about Kevin and Mike teaming up again, so I figured it had to be someone else.  Kevin does a great job on a great song - and his performance in the video is really cool too.  Shame Mike didn't have Kevin do more songs for that project.....and not used the awful Bonnie Tyler at all!  :(

However, I was very surprised to see on how many KA albums Mike guested, since I always thought it was just two studio and one live albums! http://www.dbennett.karoo.net/Discography.html
Profile PM 
tubularNZ
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 13 2005, 22:44

Quote (raven4x4x @ Dec. 30 2004, 19:30)
The album version of Heaven's Open is without doubt my favourite of all Mike's songs, but this extended version loses quite a lot of the pure joy and energy of the song.

I completely agree. Whats with the remix? Its terrible compared to the album original! Was this a 'radio mix' or something? Very dissapointing.

I've been an MO fan since my Dad bought the single of Portsmouth. But in all that time, I've never once seen Anita Hergerlund. One word WOW!
familyjules Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2005, 04:19

Quote (Guest @ Jan. 13 2005, 22:44)
But in all that time, I've never once seen Anita Hergerlund. One word WOW!

Two more words: "Oooooh, mama!!"

;)

Jules

--------------
I like beer and I like cheese
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2005, 09:58

I'm soo happy again!

Virgin Brazil has just released Elements DVD,and like I did to help launch TB 2003 here,I had to write them to ask if they were going to release it in Brazil.Another help from me to make Mike more famous here!!!!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2005, 12:02

That's great, Tati - congrats again!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 15 2005, 06:07

Quote (Guest @ Jan. 14 2005, 03:44)
I completely agree. Whats with the remix? Its terrible compared to the album original! Was this a 'radio mix' or something?

It's the 12" mix. Why it was picked over the album version for the video, I don't know. I quite like it myself...
Profile PM 
Wolfie
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 25 2005, 10:30

Hi ! First of all, it is great that we have this forum and discuss these MO things :) I have been a BIG Mike Oldfield fan since 17 years back. Bla bla

I was not to excited about the new Elements DVD :/ But it was good, TB1 is realy great. I like Mike´s live  performance alot and I have some collection that I have gathering over the years. Not the best quality, old VHS and so on. But nice to have.  

I have also write some personal letters to Mike, and he write back. I meet him once here in Sweden, realy nice person. But Iam not to happy for that reason that I know, they have "good" recordings of Mike´s Live performance, for example - Then & Now 99 - Viareggio 84 - The concert 80-81 - Live In SanSebastian - The space movie - Circus, Stockholm - and alot of more. So how can I be so sure of it, I have them, and NOT downloaded from internet ( some crap avi format whit bad sound ). Those are recorded from TV or purchase from others MO fans. I also have a good friend from Italy, he has great quality of Mike´s Live performance, even rare stuff. We are now in 2005, and ok, all the sound is not the best, but in these days there should be no problem to fix it on DVD, whit good sound. A last word, in my bad swedish-english spelling ( Sorry lol ) some live orginal recordings, was bad recorded from the beginning, and that is nothing to do about :/ !

Have a good time all MO´s
Katsuni
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 05 2005, 18:33

Got this a few days ago and I'm definately pleased with it.

It made me realise something though... as incredable as Oldfield is at composing music and playing it, noone should let him anywheres near video again.

Half the music videos were completely irrelevant, and the rest were of quality that would scare small children.

The interview was... well... I've never seen so little interview in an interview before. I'm surprised they were able to put that in. Like 3 minutes of interview in a 12 minute long track, that wasn't too great to see.

Besides that, however, the music is still amazingly great, and while it was disappointing to find that not all of the Elements songs were on the DVD, there were still quite alot, and the wind chimes being added in was nice too since I lost the cassette of that awhile ago.

Seeing tubular bells actually played live was incredable as well... I didn't think it was even possible really, but it seemed to go on well. It was quite pleasing to watch, though it would appear mike was probably in charge of the backgrounds played on the BBC one since the background effects were so pointless and ill-fitting, noone else could've picked such poor choices.

In the end though, even though my criticism of the actual videos is harsh, it was still very worth buying in my opinion. I've been forced to rely on MP3's too heavily lately since there's a severe lack of any of Oldfield's stuff to buy around here... gave up searching for elements after years of searching for it in stores, and then suddenly just "Look, dvd!" and it's a nice thing to finally be able to actually own another part of his stuff again. Great musics and nice to listen to ^^

Now if only they'd get around to offering tubular bells 2 here to buy on cd...
47 replies since Nov. 28 2004, 16:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net