Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Elements 4CD box repackaged< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 19 2001, 18:21

According to Dark Star, the original Elements 4 CD box is being replaced by a "more standard repackaged box with the same booklet and CD's, new code CDBOXY2". It should be released on Nov 26 by Virgin. You can preorder it at Dark Star for £50 or at Amazon.co.uk for £36.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 19 2001, 18:34

What a shame! frown frown frown frown frown I have the original box, and it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice. smile smile

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 19 2001, 20:09

Well, don't forget: "Small is beautiful" and "Less is more" wink

I find the original box a little bit too huge, and I've lost my booklet! But I'm not quite sure I'll buy this new edition.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2001, 07:24

I think it's a good idea to re-release the box (I suspect it was deleted long time ago, not now), but I'd also like to see all the typo and info mistakes amended.
Profile PM 
Nacho Offline

Posted: Oct. 20 2001, 13:29

By the way, amazon co.uk sells it for 35 £.
It's a more fair price. The bad thing is the poor sound of this compilation, although it was mastered by Chris Blair at Abbey Road.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 21 2001, 17:28

Well, Olivier... all tastes are tastes. wink wink But I won't buy the new edition just because I already have the original one. smile And it sounds excellent to me [Sorry, Nacho. smile]

--------------
Profile PM 
Sephirot Offline

Posted: Oct. 22 2001, 06:45

Yhaaaahhheeeeeyyyy!!!!! Me happy smile

--------------
Lost in Static 18...
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 22 2001, 14:23

The price differential is because Amazon are much larger, and have a greater buying capacity and can therefore demand a much greater discount.

Paul
Nacho Offline

Posted: Oct. 23 2001, 13:17

I understand the reason for the different cost between DS and Amazon. I didn't want to cause any nuisance to the people of DS, which I support.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 04 2001, 09:46

In reponse to Paul's message:
I think that the text on the DS page - you can buy it for a new lower price of 50 GBP - is a bit misleading if you can get it for 14 GBP less at the very next store. Sure: a small company can't compete with a store like Amazon, but don't put it up for sale if you know the price is MUCH higher. Customers will not be very pleased to know they could have bought it somewhere else for way less.

Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 05 2001, 10:56

The Dark Star website has been updated to advise the higher price.

We make every effort to make our prices competitive, but our size does not always make this possible, particularly with bought in products such as CD's, as we are a very small customer to EMI.

It is easier to control prices of our own products, such as our subscription rates, which have not gone up since we became official 8 years ago.

The team at Dark Star are unpaid - and Dark Star is run on a not for profit basis. Funds raised from sales of merchandise and magazines go towards the running costs of Dark Star.

We are very grateful to the many thousands of fans who support Dark Star by purchasing magazines and merchandise - it's the fans who make Dark Star possible.
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2001, 19:47

«The team at Dark Star are unpaid - and Dark Star is run on a not for profit basis.»

Oh! That's why they keep on sending out not-to-be-much-trusted-upon info about the impending release of MVR!!! biggrin biggrin tongue

Sorry... I'm only joking. smile smile

--------------
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 07 2001, 12:44

The information supplied at Dark Star about MVR comes direct from Mike - if you don't trust it, it's not Dark Star that you're expressing a lack of faith in
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 07 2001, 19:37

Completely OT: I said I was only joking. Anyway, if Mike is really involved with DS, how come that the site is full of mistakes about him, especially in the Biography and the Discography sections? And then again: Mike said at least three times [written Raft interview, video interview and a private chat with two forum members, here on TW... wink] that Music VR is going to be released on CD (audio + ROM). DS never said anything of that sort, in fact they don't think that this CD will ever come out. So what? Did Mike change his mind and he didn't let DS know about it? smile biggrin

P.S. Please don't get angry/offended at what I wrote above and take it with a pinch of salt, remembering that I am STILL joking. wink

--------------
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 09 2001, 07:50

Mike does and will change his mind about what he wants and plans to do. There is lots of speculation, but Dark Star does its utmost to provide reliable and confirmed information (and yes, we know there have been exceptions to this...!)

The dicography and biography have not been written or edited by Mike (he'd much prefer to spend his time making music!), so I'd be pleased to hear any comments about inaccuracies offline (mailto:chris@mikeoldfield.org) so that we can make any necessary improvements.

We're always pleased to receive constructive criticism, as there is always room for improvement.

Unregistered

Posted: Nov. 09 2001, 17:02

Plans for MVR have evolved and changed many times throughout the project. Things seem to be stabilising at the moment, and we can expect some news shortly, since Dark Star will be meeting with one of the MVR team.

Dark Star are caught between a rock and hard place. If we say nothing, we get asked why no news, and if news is posted then subsequently changes we get accused of posting inaccurate news...

There *are* lots of things happening with MVR, but these cannot be made public until all the details are ironed out...

Paul
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 26 2001, 16:42

I saw the boxed set in it's new incarnation in HMV today. I have to say it looks nice enough, but I don't think it has enough rare tracks for it to be worth my buying it - I already have all the albums.
Profile PM 
16 replies since Oct. 19 2001, 18:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net