Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Editing Software Used?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ESentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 25 2017, 06:26

Does anybody know what editing software tool did Mike use on RTO? As far as I know he uses a Mac Pro 2013 with a 4K display so maybe Logic Pro X? Pro Tools 12? or which other one?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 25 2017, 09:35

It's Pro Tools, but I haven't scrutinised the screenshots enough to be able to say whether it's 11 or 12! As far as I'm aware, he does all of his recording, editing and mixing in it.
Profile PM 
ESentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 25 2017, 17:52

Thank you! I'm only a little familiar with Pro Tools 12 which a friend uses for mixing. However by the screenshots Mike posted I haven't been able to relate them to Pro Tools. I guess it might be a version prior to 12 maybe?

Do you know if he crafts down his surround mixes on Pro Tools also?
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 26 2017, 09:36

Pro Tools rarely changes massively - there was a bit of a cosmetic overhaul with 8 and a big under-the-hood change with 11, but you'd have to look back to Pro Tools 6 to see a huge cosmetic difference to 12. :) The interface is quite configurable, though, so it's quite possible that Mike's using it differently to your friend (he's certainly got it set up differently to how I'd usually have it).

I believe he's doing the surround mixes with it as well, yes!
Profile PM 
3 replies since Jan. 25 2017, 06:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net