Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Concerts in Spain this summer< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 26 2005, 13:33

As one concert rumour dies, another one seems to surface to replace it. There is currently much talk about whether Mike will play in Spain this summer, with latest rumours suggesting that he'll be playing in Ciudad Real in July or August. Judging from past experience, we'd not suggest getting too excited just yet, but keep watching this space - we'll bring official news as soon as we have any.
Profile PM 
Neil
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 26 2005, 15:51

I know Mike's signed to WEA Spain ( or is he ? .... did he renew his contract ? ) I'll only get excited if there are concerts in the UK !!!!!!!!

If July - August is correct then the new album could be months away ! I WANT IT NOW !!!!!!!!.....PLEASE !

Neil
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 26 2005, 22:05

First we need the new album hitting the shops.

Second Mike's wish to be on tour again.

Third Mike looking for a band to be with him on tour and checking out if is possible in terms of money.

Forth the tour dates confirmed.

Fifth the tour happening,after 6 years of waiting.

I do hope to see Mike back on the road to promote his new album,and not an european tour only,but a real world tour...fingers really really crossed...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
c_haese Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2005, 13:33

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Mar. 26 2005, 22:05)
...not an european tour only,but a real world tour...

Couldn't agree more. Personally I'd like to see him perform within driving distance of Toledo, Ohio, USA ;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2005, 19:23

Quote (c_haese @ Mar. 28 2005, 14:33)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Mar. 26 2005, 22:05)
...not an european tour only,but a real world tour...

Couldn't agree more. Personally I'd like to see him perform within driving distance of Toledo, Ohio, USA ;)

And me in Brazil,especially in Sao Paulo(3rd biggest city in the world and where I live) and Rio de Janeiro(Mike visited it once way back the late 70's,afaik).If Mike decided to tour again,I'm going to give my best to see him playing here.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
jjgonche
Unregistered

Posted: April 13 2005, 05:56

Quote (Korgscrew @ Mar. 26 2005, 13:33)
As one concert rumour dies, another one seems to surface to replace it. There is currently much talk about whether Mike will play in Spain this summer, with latest rumours suggesting that he'll be playing in Ciudad Real in July or August. Judging from past experience, we'd not suggest getting too excited just yet, but keep watching this space - we'll bring official news as soon as we have any.

Hi everybody,

Greetings from Spain.

At least, it seems to be an official announcement, Mike is going to play in Ciudad Real, Spain, this July (maybe on Public Holiday called "Pandorga" at the end of July).

If you can read Spanish there is a very little info here:
http://www.donquijotedelamancha2005.com/images....los.zip
It's a zip file, within a flash and html files, with all the info for this celebration, and in July area you can read his name "Mike Oldfield" and the place "Ciudad Real".

I wish to invite everybody to come to Ciudad Real, where I live, to enjoy the party and, of course to see and listen to the master ;)

Cheers,
jjgonche
maria Offline

Posted: April 14 2005, 16:49

i've just been reading through that file and after mentioning the concerts already celebrated, one of them, woody allen & his new orleans jazz band in december 2004, this is what they say about the summer schedule  in the 'big shows' section. i've just quoted the concert list for july:
(...)El resto de actuaciones se irán confirmando sucesivamente, pero ya podemos avanzar algunas, que tendrán lugar todas ellas antes del mes de septiembre y se desarrollarían, en principio en las siete localidades más pobladas de la región (a falta de confirmar definitivamente días concretos, en algunos casos.)

Julio:
-Bárbara Hendricks & Magnus Lindgren Quartet, en Puertollano.
-Luciano Pavarotti, en Toledo
-Jamiroquai, en Toledo
-Mike Oldfield, en Ciudad Real.
-Sting, en Albacete.
(...)

"The other shows will be sucessively confirmed, but we can already advance some, all of which will take place before September, in principle in the seven more populated towns in the region (dates still to be definitely confirmed in some cases).(...)"

it reads serious, doesn't it?

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since Mar. 26 2005, 13:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net