[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Caroline Monk - Update< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
New World Man Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 03:35

Hi Everyone.
Do we all remember Caroline Monk? She was Mikes P.A. for a while a few years back. For those of you attending the "Guitars" tour she was the one in the stetson hat who came on stage during the show, dancing and playing the tubular bells.
As a quick update Caroline is still in the music business and is also the agony aunt for "Closer" magazine based in London.
She tells me she hasn't spoken to Mike directly for some time now, but does still keep in touch with his family.
Caroline is also well known for her charity work for the breast cancer appeal after she was diagnosed herself, and I enclose a picture link of her after she dyed her hair bright pink! (not the shy and retiring sort then)!

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k135/Bellecasa/Caroline.jpg

(I hope the link works - this is my first attempt at this).

Caroline says if she gets chance she will have a look at our website here and add a few words.

Wonder if anyone has any pictures of Caroline that they could add here?

I trust everyone is with me when I wish Caroline all the very best for the future and I look forward to maybe seeing some great pictures of her here.

Keep your tongues out
David

:p

--------------
Life is a spiral, time is a curve
I know you get dizzy, but try not to lose your nerve...
Profile PM 
mad cow Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 05:44

Hey I hate that photo! Ahhhh if you go to http://www.myspace.com/cheekypinkymonkey there are some much nicer pics. I dreamt about Mike last night. It was a very long and weird dream so thanks for putting him back in my head again ha. Great site by the way!

Monkey x
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 06:37

Did she not also play Guitar in Mikes band?  She looks like the short haired Guitarist on Mike Oldfields VH1 uncut session.
Profile PM 
mad cow Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 07:00

No that was Claire. We are still good friends now.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 07:55

Hi Caroline,

so, any intersesting stories from your time with Mike that you can share? Nothing that happened in confidence obviously!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
mad cow Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 08:14

Every day was interesting with Mike. We were best friends for years. I lived with him and it was never boring ha
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 08:42

Glad to hear some great news from Caroline,and that's just ab fab that she's alive and kickin' around!!

But...why "mad cow",just guessing in here!!

All the best and see ya on My Space!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
mad cow Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 09:11

Mad Cow was Mike's nick name for me. Got no idea why ha
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 10:16

Hi Caroline,

Welcome to the site! Nice to see you here!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 10:27

Quote (mad cow @ Nov. 24 2006, 07:00)
No that was Claire. We are still good friends now.

Excellent!  Welcome to Tubular.net
Profile PM 
mad cow Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 13:57

Thank you it's nice to be on here.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 17:45

Awesome, WELCOME CAROLINE. You are just gorgeous and don't look any older than 25, how long ago was your association with Mike? I hope your Cancer scare is long behind you and you are fighting fit, you certainly look extremely well. And they say, Sex, Drugs and Rock 'n' Roll is bad for you, he he! Not implying anything there, just a joke!

I didn't have time to look at all your pics as I am off to work but is Mike in there at all?, with ALL the wonderfully cool, eccentric and funny people you have met, I hope you are still proud of and not embarrassed by your association with the wonderfully cool, eccentric and funny Mike. He has endured some bad media press over the years and we are all here to try and fix that and return Mike to the uber cool status that he so rightly deserves.

HOPE YOU STICK AROUND FOR A LONG WHILE, IT IS AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE TO HAVE YOU JOIN US AND THANKS DAVE FOR YOUR PART IN INTRODUCING CAROLINE TO US.

Tracy.

Off to work happy now :) Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 18:02

wow realy nice to see a new Member who was so close to mike!

I think ill stick with mike and call you "Mad Cow" too caroline!

Jus kidding, I wish all the best for you and will look forward to hearing your opinions on things to do with Mikey on the forum here!

Hope to talk to you soon

Jonny :)

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
mad cow Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 19:58

Ha well that's so nice of you all. I was with Mike for five years. I actually help design two or three albums and tried to re design him too by dying his hair blond. Poor guy I made him look like Spartacus on one album. I was his pa in Ibiza and then moved to his house in Bucks. I actually lived in his attic then his garage. The last show I did with Mike was The Millenium Bell in Berlin 2000. Had so much fun with him and we were very close but I left just after as I had to live my own life.  I see Molly and her Mum from time to time and have heard from his kids in Norway. I do miss him and will never regret the crazy time we had.
Profile PM 

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 20:25

Quote (mad cow @ Nov. 24 2006, 21:58)
Poor guy I made him look like Spartacus on one album.

So you were the person who gave the idea of dressing Mike for the Voyager cover? That was just ab fab,wanna more details on the subject,I've always guessed who had the idea...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 20:27

Quote (mad cow @ Nov. 25 2006, 00:58)
The last show I did with Mike was The Millenium Bell in Berlin 2000.

Can you tell us anything about that please, Caroline? When you think back to it, does it seem like an event of great significance, being there? Did it seem so at the time? (Every time I watch the recording of the show, I so wish I could have been there.)

I'd like to add my welcome to all those others; and I applaud your historical pink hair moment.
Profile PM 

Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 20:53

And how was to deal with Mike since his personality is IMO completely opposite from yours(you very outgoing and Mike the shy boy)?

--------------

Profile PM WEB 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Nov. 24 2006, 22:41

Welcome here and so pleasure to have you here!
:D  enjoy and  :cool:

kay

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
bee Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2006, 14:27

Hello & welcome madcow...actually I'm sorry, I really can't call you that! Hope you soon feel at home here. Thankyou for telling us about your time when you worked with Mike.

Best wishes to you anyway. It would be interesting to hear what your initial impressions are of this site. I think we are all very happy to be a part of the discussions because there's a friendly atmosphere with people from very diverse backgrounds that share a real love for the music of Mike & who show a great respect for him as a person.

It's not just run of the mill stuff here, the characters are colourful!

bee :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
mad cow Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2006, 15:59

Yep I've noticed already. It seems a great site, Mike would love it. Am sure he has a look from time to time. It's weird but I haven't really thought back to my life with Mike until David wrote to me. It did seem a long time ago but after looking on this site it's brought back so many memories. It was the best, craziest, maddest time of my life. We actually went out together before I worked for him. Normally it's the other way round but we were such good friends in the end. I really do hope he is very happy now x :D
Profile PM 
26 replies since Nov. 24 2006, 03:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net