Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: All You Need Is Love DVD box set released< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 08 2008, 13:51

Tony Palmer's All You Need Is Love documentary covering the history of popular music has been released as a DVD box set. Episode 17 tells the story of Ommadawn. Buy it at Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.com, or Amazon.ca! In its review, The Guardian says that "the series ends with a century of music flashing before our eyes to the soundtrack of Mike Oldfield's Ommadawn".

Thanks, Chris Simmons.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 14 2008, 10:35

WOOHOO and my local HMV have it!And it's only £39.99.Expensive month though.Solstice at Stonehenge next month too.Bugger it i'll buy it anyway!!!

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: May 14 2008, 17:51

I bought this from the official site as soon as I knew of it. It was delivered to me a week ago. I'm so very disappointed that it's got no subtitles. Accents of British people speaking are terrible  :/... I think I'm able to understand only 25-30% of the total speech. What a shame, as the material (visual and sonic) is really great.

If anyone's got a transcript, at least for one episode, I'd be glad to have it... ;)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 15 2008, 06:07

I've seen the youtube bit of the episode with Mike on it and to be fair he does rather mumble and is quite hard to understand.With no subtitles it must be really difficult. :(

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: July 01 2008, 02:45

Old topic but i finally got it!Brilliant stuff.The interview section really brings home how troubled Mike seemed at the time.And the snatches of,i assume,the first version of Ommadawn are interesting.I know it was a rough mix playing but it doesn't sound a little more in the vein of HR than the finished article.I found the little interview with the American gentleman saying how "these young people have done more to harm our youth..."bit funny as it's cut with this hippy bloke wandering around the Welsh borders!Worth the wait

--------------
Profile PM 
4 replies since May 08 2008, 13:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net