Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Found something very old, MO radio interview< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 28 2017, 01:47

I was going through some old DVD's I had burned with mp3's years ago and came across 3 files of MO interviewed on "Saturday lunch time radio one". It starts with a question "Interesting to see you're wearing a squash sweater. Is fitness important in your life?" Then a reply about playing squash then going for a few pints of beer".....about 20 minutes later they talk about the Police and how Mike likes the simplicity of their music and play the song "I Can't Stand Losing".....then a remark about Andy Summers replacing MO in Kevin Ayers band.......then more talk about the band Spirit and Steve Miller.
    Does anyone know when this recording was made? Thanks, Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Bradnorman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 28 2017, 15:17

I remember listening to this a few years ago.  I think Mike was being interviewed by Radio 1 dj Peter Powell. I can't be sure about the year but I would guess it was in the early 1980's.

--------------
‘Is my team ploughing,  
 'That I was used to drive  
And hear the harness jingle  
 When I was man alive?'

Life is arbitrary
Profile PM 
1 replies since Jan. 28 2017, 01:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net