Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: That drum sound in 'Nightshade', Anybody know where does it come from?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Delfín Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 01 2016, 22:16

One of my favourite tracks form 'Light + Shade' is the last one, 'Nightshade'. Gloomy, mysterious but still vibrant and lively, it captures my imagination with its sudden changes and scary chantings.

But what about that very low bass drum that keeps on rolling in different parts of the track, mainly when the whole musical cycle reaches the end, and it comes back to the beginning?? I'd really like to know which country or style it actually comes from, as I would like to use that sound for my music.

Does anybody know a clue about it?? It sounds brazilian or either North American Indian to me, but I just don't know if I'm right. Thank you for the responses in advance.

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 02 2016, 18:22

There's a reasonable chance that it's a sample/loop that came with FL Studio at the time.

In terms of what instrument it is, it's definitely in the "big drum" area – probably a Brazilian surdo, but the Japanese taiko sounds similar too.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 04 2016, 08:58

Thanks Mat, that definately helps me fine tune my search!!

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
2 replies since May 01 2016, 22:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net