Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: 2nd Mike Oldfield Fan Meeting in Madrid / Amadian tribute concert< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 05 2002, 10:39

The independent music label Pandora Music is organizing the Second Mike Oldfield Fan Meeting in Madrid which will take place the 23rd of February. The event will include video sessions, stalls with fanzines (the Orabidoo fanzine staff will come) and rarities (some music shops from Madrid will be represented), discussion forums, a jam session (where everyone is invited to participate), bar service, a rarities raffle (with T-Shirts, CDs...) and several other suprises... The main act of the event will be the Mike Oldfield tribute concert which will be performed by the group Amadian, a well known folk/rock fusion group from Madrid, who will play versions of all of the artist's discography. It will be the first time that a music group does a concert based in versions of a whole 25+ year discography. This is the projected setlist for the concert (the order might change):
Tubular Bells Part 1, Tubular Bells Part 2, The Sailor's Hornpipe, Excerpt from Hergest Ridge Part 1, Ommadawn Part 2, Portsmouth, In Dulci Jubilo, Hymn to Diana (Incantations Part 2), Excerpt from Incantations Part 4, North Star (Platinum Part 4), Arrival, Planxty Fanny Power, Taurus I+II (excerpt), Orabidoo, Crises (excerpt), The Lake (excerpt) , The Wind Chimes Part 1, Innocent, Excerpt from Amarok + Serpent Dream, Music from the Balcony, Maya Gold, In the Beginning + Let There be Light + Crystal Clear, O Son do Ar (The Song of the Sun), Women of Ireland, Dark Island, Mike's Reel, The Top Of The Morning, From the Ashes, The Doges Palace
http://www.pandoramusic.net/oldfield2002/
There you will be able to listen to some MP3s from the band, see the details about the activities, the place of the event, booking information, as well as a list of near hotel accomodations for people who might need it.
Profile PM 
freshhh Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 05 2002, 10:59

Well! If I have money i'll go there with big pleasure!!! If I have enough money I would make the same meeting in Moscow!

Dreams... dreams... dreams... :-)))

--------------
We all live our Tubular Life...
And we don't know another way to live...
Profile PM 
toMtOm Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2002, 11:06

I hope the audio (video?) material of the concert will be available later...
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2002, 11:13

Bring your Minidisc to have the full show !
Or edit it and sell it, i'll be happy to buy !
Cheers
GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
Jens Offline

Posted: Feb. 05 2002, 17:02

Too bad we didn't know about this a little earlier...
Hope you have a great time!

Jens
Profile PM 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2002, 07:17

I really like to go there, but it is too far away. frown Why didn't they pick Germany or England? That would be more suitable.

And if I can get there, I will bring my bodhran, synthesizer, recorder etc. for the jam sessions. Play Oldfield songs! woohoo! wink

I hope they play some rare Oldfield video clips.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2002, 03:09

Sounds great, but I'm not able to get to Madrid!!!! If only it was in Australia!

I hope the concert will be available on DVD!

Visit www.global.net.au/~holmangp

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 

Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 13 2002, 17:13

It´s in spain just because it´s made by spanish people ¬¬, it´s the second meeting of the people of the spanish #mike_oldfield irc-hispano channel.

About the time.. it´s been announced since two months ago, but only in an spansih area...

About the DVD..... XDDDDDD A DVD of a concert were won´t be more than one or two hundred of people? XD

And sorry, i don´t have minidisc (i´m still not sure if i´ll be there...), but sure the musicians will record all the concert smile

Anyway, i hope to be there and to see some of you there wink

Geltrú

www.iespana.es/geltrular
www.oldfield.es.f
Pandora Music Offline

Posted: Feb. 13 2002, 18:14

Hello everyone:

Pandora Music wants to thank you all for your interest in the Mike Oldfield 2002 Convention.

For all of you who are interested, it´s planned to edit some material from the meeting, including a VideoCD with the best moments, as well as the highlights of the Tribute Concert performed by the band "Amadian".

More news will be posted as become avalible.

We still hope to see you all there.

Kind regards,

Pandora Music.
www.pandoramusic.net

Profile PM WEB 
Pikalcazar Offline

Posted: Feb. 14 2002, 12:35

Wey! MO meeting! I hope to come with my little keyboard and my made-by-me Tubular Bells t-shirt! I'll see you all there, and if you want to come, you're invited of course biggrin

Greets
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2002, 05:37

I have a few comments regarding the songs that will be played by Amadian.

1. Firstly, nothing much from Tubular Bells 2!! One of his best albums, and thay have totally ignored it, except for Maya Gold, one of the weaker tracks on the album. Where is Sentinel??!!
  2. No Secrets/Far Above the Clouds!!! Again, one of his best bits.
  3. Thirdly, no rarities and...
  4. What is Planxty Fanny Power?????

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Pendleburn Offline

Posted: Feb. 15 2002, 05:53

I did some research and it seems that "Fanny Planxty Power" formed part of the set list for a live performance Mike did in Munich in 1982. I initially thought it was some obscure reference to the plain-looking, bi-sexual, gold-digging bimbo (Fanny Vandekerkhove rolleyes ) Mike was living with last year but the song is actually traditional Irish/Celtic.
Profile PM 
DavidB Offline

Posted: Feb. 17 2002, 15:13

Well,... there are some rarities. You only have to be able to recognize it!
Fanny "Plantxi" Power IS a rarity, indeed... A very interesting one! Paddy Moloney did a great performance on it, along wiht Mike and Morris Pert. A nice traditional song never released, what a pitty!

And there is Mike´s Reel, another unreleased rarity, and never played live yet. Great stuff!

...and I never heard Music from the Balcony played live...sould be interesting.

And...err...sorry..., Secrets/Far above the Clouds "one of his best hits"???? UUUUFFF!!!
Honestly, I doubt it.

Cheers!!!

Profile PM 
Vinz Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2002, 09:23

Well ? No Comment ? How was it ?

--------------
Rejoignez la Tubular Mailing List francophone !
http://www.tubular.free.fr/tubular.php
Profile PM WEB 
dabidovich Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2002, 17:38

Well, The Fan Meeting was GREAAAAAAAAT!!!
I arrived in the evening. The video session was very surprising, I wathched many new videos in a very, very big TV. Everything was very good arranged.

The tribute concert was the best concert of the year (I´m still waiting for Roger Waters,but Amadian are better). It was wonderful, songs from every album, almost three hours of GREAT MUSIC.
Profile PM 
Pandora Music Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2002, 18:33

Hello everyone:

The Pandora Music Team wish to congratulate to everybody who attended to the OLdfield 2002 Convention organized by the company, last month.

Due to the interest shown all around Europe, we will publish a double CD with audio, video, pictures, a documentary of the whole day, and some other material.

This CD will be avalible next month. Futher news will be published in our site www.pandoramusic.net/oldfield2002 soon this month. You can download a free MP3 from the Amadian Tribute Concert from one of the songs performed by the band, "The songs of distant hearth Medley" 6:20 min , in advance from the free documentary video downloable from our site.

Once again, thank you so much for your interest and suport.

News will be posted as become avalible.

Regards

The Pandora Music team

Profile PM WEB 
15 replies since Feb. 05 2002, 10:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net