Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Maestro Mix 2, by OMA< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 16 2004, 23:22

I don't know if he was going to post it here or not, but I will anyway.

OMA who made the very excellent 9 minute White Owl instrumental mix has done a mix of the new (yet scarce) music in Maestro. Excellent stuff. Too bad there wasn't more.

http://scvideos.free.fr/MaestroMix_2_by_OMA.mp3

I like the effect at the end with the broken record effect on 'that' piece of music. Gives a bit of a message, doesn't it? lol

I guess this means I won't have to do any mixes after all ;).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
oldfield_fan Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 17 2004, 07:37

I think the 4 min long part near the end with piano and electric guitars is the best! Really nice melody, good tempo and a happy feeling. It's perfect to listen to in this lovely weather! Are you still there? ;-)
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 17 2004, 08:46

Yeah, that part is nice. I believe it's the part that plays in the 'Maestro' area. Can anyone confim that? (at least it's easier to find then the elusive climax theme on Tr3s Lunas lol)

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
The Thin Man Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2004, 12:15

The part from 12 minutes onwards (and before OMA's wonderful climax! ) is from the Maestro end level after getting all the gravitars back to base.

The Thin Man
Profile PM 
captain cavern Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2004, 14:15

Great mix. I found it on Emule two days ago with another 10 minutes cool mix called "Maestro Suite". The main theme (from maestro level) is really great.
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 17 2004, 18:35

Quote (The Thin Man @ Mar. 17 2004, 17:15)
The part from 12 minutes onwards (and before OMA's wonderful climax! ) is from the Maestro end level after getting all the gravitars back to base.

I gathered that when I ran the dat file through OggRip. I'd personally like to complete the game in order to hear the music than listen to it on here. Mike thought the music he wrote for this was good, perhaps as a way of encouraging people to get to it. Nevertheless I skipped this part of the mix!

The rest though is great. Like Brandon's mixes of Tr3s Lunas, there is only so much you can do with limited material. Check out Miguel's Maestro water mix if you haven't already done so for a good example of additional synth sounds to the music
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2004, 09:39

Yeah it's a well acomplished mix. I don't really know what to make of the fact that Mike's fans are almost doing better versions of his music than he is.
I don't really know what to make of that Maestro music either. If it's that arpeggiated stuff from 12 mins onward then it sounds sutabley space aged but also a bit naff. Again I'm sure somebody here could do a better effort.
It's difficult to pass to much judgement on Mike's music for his games becasue obviously there's technical considerations that are outwith his control to do with how simplistic to make the music so file sizes are kept small etc, etc. But if thats Mike's grand finale music for the game then I'm afraid I'm a bit underwhelmed.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2004, 17:23

Humm...sounds very nice the new material...it reminds me much of TSODE atmosphere...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2004, 20:24

having my lad get to the maestro level before me may have tainted my view, but it does seem a bit of an anti climax. Then again, it's better than tres luna.

it seems mike has concentrated on the game rather than the music. Given that his most impresive music has been ending crescendos (tb, fmo, ommadawn, amarok) it's very surprising that the game ends in a wimp out.

mabe it's time for mike as a musician to get back in front of an audience?

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Dec. 08 2004, 16:37

I've only just found this link, and have spent my day playing the piece over and over, with a grin on my face most of the time. Thanks very much indeed to the guy who mixed it.

If only there were more music in the game - wonderful though it is.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: April 21 2005, 06:55

I'm afraid there is a problem with the download. It works fine until it gets to 4.18 MB, but then it stops dead.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: April 21 2005, 10:02

Quote (raven4x4x @ April 21 2005, 11:55)
It works fine until it gets to 4.18 MB, but then it stops dead.

That's a shame. I presume then that you don't have it yourself, Alex?
Profile PM 
dkaycom Offline

Posted: April 22 2005, 16:05

hmmm, no problem here with the download @ 4,18 MB.... stopped it @ 7,X myself 'cause I already have the track.
:)

--------------
Bootlegs should be shared not sold.
(BlackCottonMafia)

Find more tubular sounds at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Incantations/
Profile PM WEB 
olracUK Offline

Posted: April 22 2005, 18:21

whole track is just over 18 meg, worked fine for me, but that was a while ago.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: April 22 2005, 20:41

Strangely enough, I tried again the next day and it worked fine. Must have been a temporary problem with the site.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
14 replies since Mar. 16 2004, 23:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net